WHO WE AREUnder the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – we need to provide you with certain information about us as a ‘data controller’. We are Pep Farley Limited (“Pep Farley”, “we”, “us” or “our”) and you will know us by our brand names: THE MINDFUL LIVING SHOW THE SLEEP SHOW We’re registered in the United Kingdom under company number 10261606 and our registered office and main trading address is situated at 26 Windsor Avenue, West Molesey, Surrey, KT8 1PZ. Our Data Compliance Managers are Alex Joicey and Adele Balzan and they can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONAL DATAPersonal data is any information that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as your name, email address, home address, phone number and credit card information. You may choose to provide personal data when you visit us or our affiliates or licensees at one of our events or through our Website. If you choose not to provide us with your personal data you may not be able to access some of the services offered on our Website, such as newsletters or bulletins or take part in our Promotions. Here are some of the ways in which you may provide us with your personal data and the types of personal data you may submit. We also explain how we (or any of our associated companies) may use the personal data in different ways according to the purpose for which it was provided. We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of our users throughout their visiting experience. When you use or contact us through our website, you do so at your own discretion and provide any personal details requested at your own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed below. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but we advise users using our forms that you do so at your own risk. As the party responsible for data processing we ensure that the processed data:
- is processed in accordance with the applicable privacy regulations; and
- is sufficiently protected to not be exposed to persons who should have no access to it by taking technical, contractual and organisational safety measures.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECTWe may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. We collect information you voluntarily provide to us by filling in forms on our website www.mindfullivingshow.com (our “Site”), by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, live-chat services, or in other ways. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. Where we take any financial payments from you, these will be done securely and in accordance with industry standards.
- Information we collect automatically. Whenever you visit our Site we may automatically collect the following information about you:
- Technical information. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access our websites, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer services number. Like many websites, we use “Cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
WHAT WE DO WITH INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU & WHYWe use your personal information in order to provide you with the products and services we offer. This is a summary of the ways that we may use your personal information.
- To present Site content as in the most effective manner for you and your device(s).
- To provide information, products and services that you request, or which we think may interest you.
- To allow you to use our interactive services if you want to.
- To enable you to subscribe to our newsletter.
- To tell you about new events or information.
- To tell you about other goods and services that might interest you.
- To administer our Site and for internal operations like trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- For our legal records, e.g. we have to retain accounting records for at least 6 years.
- For dispute resolution.
- To give us feedback.
CONTACTING US THROUGH OUR WEBSITEIf you communicate with us through any link on our Website, we may ask you for your personal data so we (or our any of our associated companies) can respond to your questions and comments. You may also choose to provide additional information as well.
GOODS OR SERVICES FOR PURCHASEFrom time to time we may offer products or services for purchase through our Website (in particular tickets for our events). When you choose to purchase merchandise or subscribe for such services, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, postal address and telephone number or other personal data. This personal data is collected for the purpose of providing you with the services you choose to purchase and/or subscribe for. We may also ask you to provide your credit card details for this purchase, or we may direct you to a third party payment processing service to make payment. If we direct you to a third party payment processing service, please be aware that Pep Farley is not liable or responsible for such service and that your use of that service might be subject to terms and conditions imposed by the service provider and other privacy policies.
NEWSLETTERS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONSOn our Website, you may sign up to receive newsletters and other communications about our services and promotions. To sign up, we may ask you for additional personal data such as your date of birth, postcode, email address and mobile telephone number. This personal data is used by us to send you the communications you request. Details of how you may opt-out of receiving any communications from us are described in the “Your Preferences” section below.
OTHER WEBSITE FEATURESWe offer Website visitors various features for their enjoyment, which we may change from time to time. We may ask you to submit certain personal data so we can provide you with these features.
OTHER DATA WE MAY COLLECT AUTOMATICALLYWhen you visit http://www.mindfullivingshow.com, we may automatically collect certain personal data that we then aggregate so that it is not linked to a single, identifiable individual. This information provides us with statistics such as how many users visited our site and which pages were accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor this Website to our visitors. We collect this information either through “log files”, “cookie” technology or with “web beacons”, as explained below.
LOG FILESLog files are web server files (such as the domain name or IP address, URL, the http response code, the Website from where you visit us or the date and duration of your visit) that are automatically created when an Internet user visits a site. Once you stop using our Website, we process and use this information only to enable further connections, for billing purposes, to detect disruptions to telecommunication equipment and to detect abuse of our telecommunication services. We delete this information routinely. This information is used to create general aggregated profiles of our Website user base and is not used to create personalised user profiles. In case of disruption or misuse, we reserve the right to file a report with law enforcement agencies. We do not use this information for any other purpose(s) and do not share this information with any third parties, except as set out in the section titled “How We Share Personal Data” below.
WEB BEACONSCertain pages on our Website may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies sent by the third party.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATAWe do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data about our Website visitors, except as described here. We may share your personal data with affiliates and/or licensees of Pep Farley for specific purposes disclosed to you when you registered for our Website (or otherwise provided data to us, for example for a Promotion). Otherwise we will do so only with your explicit consent. We may also share your personal data with service providers, employees or contractors that we have retained to perform services or work on our behalf. These parties are provided only with the personal data they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose such personal data as is necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. In addition, we may disclose your personal data (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer your personal data in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable endeavours to direct the subsequent owner to use the personal data you have provided through this Website in a manner that is consistent with this Notice. If you do not want your personal data to be processed following such a transfer, you should contact the subsequent owner of Pep Farley.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE TRANSFERRED AND STOREDYour personal data will be processed in the United Kingdom and/or in other states of the European Economic Area (EEA). However as a global company, Pep Farley may from time to time transfer your personal data to global customer databases located in the United States of America and make it accessible by any of our affiliate entities worldwide or to third parties. The transfer of data outside of the EEA which does not provide an adequate level of protection is subject to restrictions. Pep Farley has taken reasonable steps so that personal data it collects receives an appropriate level of data protection. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Where such processing takes place, appropriate controls, such as the adoption of agreements containing appropriate standard clauses, are in place to ensure that your information is protected to the same standard as if it were in the UK. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure, and up to date and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use the Site, to provide Services to you, to comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this Privacy Notice and our internal retention guidelines. We will also retain data in an anonymous form for statistical and analytical purposes, for example, to understand how our users interact with our service. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal information we process about you, please send an email to email@example.com
YOUR RIGHTSYou can ask us not to use your data for marketing, by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the GDPR, you have the right to control how your personal information is used in the following ways:
- You can ask for a copy of your personal data held by us, at no cost to you
- You can ask us to correct any personal information that we hold about you, or inform us about any changes to your personal information
- You can request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- You can ask to be informed of what data processing is taking place
- In certain situations, you can ask that we restrict processing of, or object to processing of, your personal data
- In certain situations, you can ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you.